g.USBamp: Specs & Features
g.USBamp - gtec's highest accuracy biosignal data acquisition and processing system
g.USBamp is a high-performance and high-accuracy biosignal amplifier and acquisition/processing system. It allows investigation of brain-, heart- and muscle-activity, eye movements, respiration, galvanic skin response and many other physiological and physical parameters. Due to its technical specifications and various software options, this instrument became a standard for many different fields of research, including neuropsychology, life science, medical research and biofeedback/neurofeedback/BCI research.
g.USBamp is USB enabled and comes with 16 simultaneously sampled biosignal channels with 24 bits. A total of 4 independent grounds guarantee no interference between the recorded signals.
The amplifier connects easily to the USB socket on your PC/notebook and can immediately be used for data recording.
Build a multi-channel system with more than 16 channels using multiple g.USBamp devices. A synchronization cable guarantees that all devices are sampling with exactly the same frequency.
The amplifier has an input range of ± 250 mV, which allows recording of DC signals without saturation.
Digital inputs and outputs allow the recording of trigger channels together with the biosignal channels to easily pass analysis results to the outside world.
A short-cut input allows connecting the amplifier inputs quickly to ground potential to protect the amplifier against overflows, which may occur in operating rooms with gamma knifes or other environments.
Ask also for our research version of the device, called g.USBamp-RESEARCH, for a special price.
Buy a g.USBamp and get the BCI2000 book for free! More Details
- 16 DC-coupled wide-range input channels per unit, 4 independent grounds, record any type of signal (EEG/ECoG/ECG/EMG/EOG/spikes/...), connect various sensors, stack units for 32/48/64/... channels.
- 24-bit resolution with simultaneous sampling of all channels with up to 38.4 kHz, digital signal filtering and preprocessing, connect via USB 2.0.
- Works with passive and with active electrodes, 8 digital trigger inputs/unit, 4 digital outputs/unit, new simplified synchronization of units.
- Internal digital bandpass and notch filters, built-in calibration unit and impedance checking.
- Easy configuration and setup via the software, high-speed online data processing for SIMULINK and for LabVIEW available, recommended by BCI2000 & approved under OpenViBE
- Driver package/API available
- CE-certified and FDA-listed medical device, safety class: II, conformity class: IIa, type of applied part: CF
"We have been using g.USBamp intensively for several years, in collaboration with Slovak Academy of Sciences, for measuring EEG on paretic patients as well as healthy individuals."
- Prof. Igor Farkas, Comenius University,
Center for Cognitive Sci., SK
"The g.USBamp allows us to study effects of leadership interactions on both the leader's and the follower's brain and cognitive processes with great flexibility."
- Prof. Dr. Jens Rowold, TU Dortmund, DE
"The g.USBamp amplifiers make it possible for us to have a mobile and easy to use EEG setup. The suitcases are perfect for quick transportation and rapid setup of the system."
- Lukas Fiederer,
University Hospital of Freiburg, DE
"We have used the g.USBamps for approximately four years now and the quality of the signals surpasses our greatest expectations. Last year we also invested in the g.Nautilus system and have been able to move from the more stringent laboratory conditions to the real world settings where BCIs find their applications. I would highly recommend both for anyone involved in BCI research.“
- Associate Professor Natalie Mrachacz-Kersting,
Aalborg University, DK
"With g.USBamp you don't think about the amplifier anymore... You think about the EEG signals!"
- Dr. Ales Holobar, University of Maribor, SI
"The g.USBamp really improved the usability of the BCI, enabling interconnection with an external robotic agent to develop assistive technology for locked-in people, enabling them to put their thought in actions. "
- Ing. Salvatore Tramonte, University of Palermo, IT
More Product Details
EEG RECORDING DURING TMS STIMULATION
The following figure shows EEG recordings with the g.USBamp during TMS stimulation with a TMS device from Mag&More. A g.GAMMAcap (size M) was prepared with passive g.LADYbird electrodes and the sampling rate was set to 38.400 Hz and no filters were selected. All electrode locations were prepared with abrasive gel to get a low electrode impedance. The TMS stimulation was done with a biphasic single pulse and about 300 repetitions applied with 1.1 Hz. The figure shows also the position of the TMS coil.
Beside g.USBamp, TMS can also be used with g.HIamp and g.Nautilus. The stimulation artifact with passive electrodes is typically 2 ms long, for active electrodes it is around 6 ms.
available colors for g.USBamp
|We are proud to announce that our g.USBamp is available in amazing new colors! If you buy a g.USBamp you can choose your color!|
|standard grey (color code: RAL9006 FS)||red (color code: RAL3003)||red lilac (color code: RAL4001)|
|gentian violet (color code: RAL5010)||reseda (color code: RAL6011)||deep black (color code: RAL9005)|