g.HIamp: Specs & Features
Groundbreaking technology for brain mapping
High demands require high level solutions and groundbreaking technology. g.HIamp is a 256 channel biosignal amplifier for invasive and non-invasive measurements of brain functions that is FDA cleared and CE approved. The amplifier has 256 ADC converters with 24 Bit inside for perfect signal resolution and has a wide input sensitivity to measure EEG, ECoG, ECG, EMG, EOG without any saturation. External sensors can also be connected. All channels are DC coupled. Internally, signal processing is performed with the fastest floating point DSP and a sophisticated Linux Kernel. The amplifier relies on a very high oversampling to reduce the noise as much as possible by averaging samples.
256 channels can be analyzed in real-time with the g.tec Highspeed Processing for Simulink toolbox. This leads to faster and more accurate control of brain-computer interface systems that use Common Spatial Patterns (CSP).
g.HIamp is powered by a medical mains power supply and the system is connected to the computer via USB. The system is equipped with 16 digital trigger channels and a HOLD input for artifact suppression (e.g. during electrical or magnetic stimulation).
g.HIamp provides 80, 144 or 256 channels per unit. 80 and 144 channel systems can also be upgraded later on. Each block of 64 channels is connected via a multi-pole medical safety connector to the electrode interface box.
A big advantage is that g.HIamp can be used with passive or active electrodes. The difference is just the electrode connector box (headbox). For ECoG grids and strips, special interface connectors are available.
NEW: A g.HIamp-RESEARCH version for reseach purpose only is available now! Find more information under: g.HIamp-RESEARCH
Buy a g.HIamp and get the Wolpaw BCI book for free! More Details
- 256 channels perfectly synchronized with 24 Bit
- Supports active and passive EEG electrodes and ECoG grids
- FDA cleared, CE certified medical product
- Fully integrated into g.tec software components for real-time analysis
- Integrated impedance measurement for active and passive electrodes
"g.HIamp allows us to perform robust intraoperative recordings to ensure cortical and subcortical electrodes are placed in correct functional regions for various clinical applications and research directions at the University of Florida Hospital."
- Dr. Aysegul Gunduz (University of Florida), US
"The g.HIamp is an absolute workhorse and a critical component of our ECoG program. Its recording and hardware and software interfacing capabilities make it extremely versatile."
- Dr. Gerwin Schalk
(Wadsworth Center, Albany Medical Center), US
"Fused with a variety of rapid prototyping and research software tools, g.HIamp serves as a unique tool in our clinical research applications to record electrocorticogram and local field potentials. The oversampling process executed by the internal DSP provides exceptional SNR and enables capturing higher frequency brain rhythms with superior quality."
- Dr. Nuri Firat Ince (University of Houston, US)
MORE PRODUCT DETAILS
CONNECT ACTIVE/PASSIVE ELECTRODES
A brilliant feature of the g.HIamp is that the main amplifier unit can be used with different electrode connector boxes. Therefore, the main amplifier unit is only purchased once and can be used for many different applications:
- passive electrode connector box - comes with 64 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp. It can be used with standard 1.5 mm safety connectors, which are standard for EEG and ECoG electrodes.
- active electrode connector box - comes with 64 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp. It has 2-pin connectors to support all g.tec active electrodes, such as g.LADYbird or g.SCARABEO (not for medical use).
- passive electrode connector box with 16 channels - comes with 16 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp. This connector box can provide additional inputs for external sensors.
EEG RECORDING DURING TMS STIMULATION
The following figure shows EEG recordings with the g.HIamp during TMS stimulation with a TMS device from Mag&More. A g.GAMMAcap (size M) was prepared with passive g.LADYbird electrodes and the sampling rate was set to 38.400 Hz and no filters were selected. All electrode locations were prepared with abrasive gel to get a low electrode impedance. The TMS stimulation was done with a biphasic single pulse and about 300 repetitions applied with 1.1 Hz. The figure shows also the position of the TMS coil.
Beside g.HIamp, TMS can also be used with g.USBamp and g.Nautilus-PRO. The stimulation artifact with passive electrodes is typically 2 ms long, for active electrodes it is around 6 ms.
Plugin for DEWESoft X
This plugin allows you to acquire data with g.HIamp inside the DEWESoft data acquisition system and store it together with all other signals acquired from additional devices in one DEWESoft data file.
Further the plugin allows to configure the g.HIamp and to use its impedance measurement tool.
See also www.dewesoft.com