g.HIamp-RESEARCH: Specs & Features
Groundbreaking technology for brain mapping
High demands require high level solutions and groundbreaking technology. g.HIamp-RESEARCH is a 256 channel biosignal amplifier for non-invasive measurements of brain functions for research purpose only. The amplifier, which is colored in orange, has 256 ADC converters with 24 Bit inside for perfect signal resolution and has a wide input sensitivity to measure EEG, ECG, EMG, EOG without any saturation. External sensors can also be connected. All channels are DC coupled. Internally, signal processing is performed with the fastest floating point DSP and a sophisticated Linux Kernel. The amplifier relies on a very high oversampling to reduce the noise as much as possible by averaging samples.
256 channels can be analyzed in real-time with the g.tec Highspeed Processing for Simulink toolbox. This leads to faster and more accurate control of brain-computer interface systems. The system is equipped with 16 digital trigger channels and a HOLD input for artifact suppression. 80 and 144 channel systems can also be upgraded later on. Each block of 64 channels is connected via a multi-pole safety connector to the electrode interface box. A big advantage is that g.HIamp-RESEARCH can be used with passive or active electrodes. The difference is just the electrode connector box (headbox).
g.HIamp-RESEARCH is intended to be used for research applications only. It is not intended to be used as a medical device nor for diagnosis, treatment of disease or other medical applications. The features of the device are freely accessible and configurable.
Intro offers for g.HIamp-RESEARCH bundles in Austria/Germany (excl. tax):
- 256 channels perfectly synchronized with 24 Bit
- Supports active and passive EEG electrodes
- Fully integrated into g.tec software components for real-time analysis
- Integrated impedance measurement for active and passive electrodes
- Used for research applications only
MORE PRODUCT DETAILS
CONNECT ACTIVE/PASSIVE ELECTRODES
A brilliant feature of the g.HIamp-RESEARCH is that the main amplifier unit can be used with different electrode connector boxes. Therefore, the main amplifier unit is only purchased once and can be used for many different applications:
- passive electrode connector box - comes with 64 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp. It can be used with standard 1.5 mm safety connectors, which are standard for EEG electrodes.
- active electrode connector box - comes with 64 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp. It has 2-pin connectors to support all g.tec active electrodes, such as g.LADYbird or g.SCARABEO (not for medical use)
- passive electrode connector box with 16 channels - comes with 16 channels and is connected to one of the 4 groups of the g.HIamp-RESEARCH . This connector box can provide additional inputs for external sensors.
EEG RECORDING DURING TMS STIMULATION
The following figure shows EEG recordings with the g.HIamp-RESEARCH during TMS stimulation with a TMS device from Mag&More. A g.GAMMAcap (size M) was prepared with passive g.LADYbird electrodes and the sampling rate was set to 38.400 Hz and no filters were selected. All electrode locations were prepared with abrasive gel to get a low electrode impedance. The TMS stimulation was done with a biphasic single pulse and about 300 repetitions applied with 1.1 Hz. The figure shows also the position of the TMS coil.
Beside g.HIamp-RESEARCH, TMS can also be used with g.USBamp-RESEARCH and g.Nautilus. The stimulation artifact with passive electrodes is typically 2 ms long, for active electrodes it is around 6 ms.
Plugin for DEWESoft X
This plugin allows you to acquire data with g.HIamp-RESEARCH inside the DEWESoft data acquisition system and store it together with all other signals acquired from additional devices in one DEWESoft data file.
Further the plugin allows to configure the g.HIamp-RESEARCH and to use its impedance measurement tool.
See also www.dewesoft.com