mindBEAGLE: Specs & Features
Opening doors for patients with disorders of consciousness
mindBEAGLE - Opening doors
Over 40% of patients diagnosed as vegetative are reclassified as (at least) minimally conscious when assessed by expert teams. g.tec now introduces a new tool called mindBEAGLE ® that uses BCI (Brain-Computer Interface) technology for quick and easy assessment of DOC patients and even provides basic communication with some of them. A BCI detects changes in brain activity induced by the user’s mental activity. The EEG (Electroencephalogram) is used to measure brain signals, which are automatically analysed and classified on a standard laptop.
Brain’s electrical activity may provide the only direct path to a patient’s mental state assessment.
The mindBEAGLE® system consists of a portable medical grade biosignal amplifier, an EEG cap with active electrodes, a standard laptop computer with the mindBEAGLE® software, in-ear phones for auditory stimulation and vibro-tactile stimulators to be attached to the patient’s body.
Find the new publication "Motor Imagery with Brain-Computer Interface Neurotechnology" here. This article presents key scientific experiments and applications, including some of the latest results.
See the official mindBEAGLE website!
- May provide the only direct path to a patient’s mental state assessment
- Easy to use
- Complete solution comes with all required hardware and software components
- Provides different stimulation types (auditory, vibro-tactile, movement imagination)
- Supports a longitudinal screening to investigate stability and improvement of responses
- mindBEAGLE can also be used as a communication tool
"mindBEAGLE helps us to work with individuals in their home environment to determine if they have measureable evoked potentials."
- Dr. Melanie Fried Oken, USA
"mindBEAGLE combines important electro-physiological tests that allow us to search for signs of consciousness after coma."
- Dr. Steven Laureys, Belgium