cortiQ: Specs & Features
Rapid functional mapping of the cortex using the electrocorticogram (ECoG)
cortiQ - rapid cortical mapping
cortiQ allows rapid functional mapping of the cortex using the electrocorticogram (ECoG). It provides physicians with real-time results during pre-surgical evaluation for epilepsy or other conditions.
cortiQ allows users to position the used electrode grids (selected from the cortiQ grid library) over a schematic brain map. For different tasks performed by the patient (e.g. using the Ritaccio or Kamada paradigm), high gamma activity is indicated in form of red circles for all electrodes. A big red circle shows that the corresponding electrode is placed over a brain area which is highly active in the performed task.
cortiQ is delivered as complete system, which includes:
- Biosignal amplifier - high quality biosignal amplifier with 24 Bit and 256 channels (CE approved and FDA listed)
- Real-time processing system - high performance real-time control unit to manage all devices in real-time, to analyze the signals and to visualize and store data
- Mapping system - high performance source localization and mapping system to identify brain regions
Find the new publication "Motor Imagery with Brain-Computer Interface Neurotechnology" here. This article presents key scientific experiments and applications, including some of the latest results.
See also the official cortiQ website!
- Generate a personalized functional map of the cerebral cortex in high detail
- Can be operated at the patient's bedside
- Optimize surgical procedures
- Optimize electrical cortical stimulation (ECS) mapping
- Minimize the burden for the patient
- Reduce risk for patients
- Reduce hospital time and costs